We combine an 'old fashioned', personal approach, with up to date care.
Why pay c£1000-£1500/year for some local schemes when our appointments are £90.
15 minutes and 'one problem only' for £65... not at Spa - you'll have time to talk to us.
Spa Private Medical is maintaining a service for non-corona virus illnesses, through this extremely challenging Pandemic. This is a small clinic and we rely on users being pragmatic - we hope you will be patient and understand that a few simple steps will make life easier and safer for everyone.
1. Since the virus is so contagious even before symptoms occur, social distancing is essential. Keeping human-to-human contacts to a minimum will help reduce transmission and slow the spread of the virus, giving time for the NHS to cope with the more severe cases. Please follow Government decree and stay at home unless your work is deemed 'essential' and limit outings to short trips only.
2. DO NOT ATTEND THE CLINIC if you have symptoms of fever, sore throat, cough or malaise and please self-isolate as the Government are advising. Go online to NHS.UK and only call 111 if your symptoms are severe and you need assistance. If you do attend the clinic, please stay in your cars until the previous patient has left and we will call you in.
3. Telephone consults will be available to book (£40 for 15mins) and all reasonable prescription repeat requests will be fulfilled without the need to attend.
4. Please wash your hands frequently and encourage those around you to do the same. Cough and sneeze in to tissues and discard. If tissues are not available, then use your elbow crease and not your hands.
5. Please do not 'Panic-Buy' groceries. Supply chains will be maintained and there is no need for any food shortage, if everyone buys food weekly that they need for their own personal and family use. Please offer to help do shopping for elderly or 'at risk' patient groups, to reduce their need to be exposed to the virus.
6. Please remain in your car until called in by the clinician.
7. Only use the clinic toilet if absolutely necessary
8. Covid-19 Testing: Please see below.
Until now, we have resisted offering antibody testing at Spa, as the 'instant'-type tests proved unreliable and seemed to need far higher antibody levels than were likely to be found in the community, in order to produce a positive result.
The London-based lab that we regularly use for all our blood and pathology requests, has just started to offer Covid-19 antibody testing. This appears NOT to have been rushed through, in order to cash in on demand, but offers a much more reliable test for IgG (they do not test for the early IgM, as this has proven to be even more variable) and they will give a simple 'Positive" or "Negative" result.
The lab say that testing can be carried out anything from 2 weeks after any Covid-like symptoms have occurred, but our suggestion is that you wait a full 4 weeks, in order to get the best chance of showing antibodies.
We stress that this is a "for interest only" test - showing only if you have previously had Covid-19... and it is in no way meant to help predict whether one is 'immune' to further Covid infections, as the science on this point is still very unclear.
We also stress that this IS NOT a test for anyone who thinks that they currently have Covid - We do not wish to attract potentially infectious people to the clinic and anyone with such symptoms should seek advice from 111 about getting an acute throat swab (which does not look for antibodies).
The cost of the test is £90 and a blood sample (not finger prick) is required. Results will be emailed back to us in 1-2 days. For further information, please see
Covid testing for travel:
We have reluctantly decided not to offer throat swab testing for non-symptomatic people needing "Covid certificates" 72hrs prior to travel. Lab turn-around for these tests is currently 48hrs or over and it is simply cutting things too finely and we don't want to risk anyone missing flights, due to unforeseen lab delays. We apologise for this and will update you if the situation changes.
Your health and that of your family are the most important things in your life but you are also busy and time is a valuable resource. You can’t always get to see your NHS GP at a time that suits you and often you’ll see a different doctor at each visit. A ten minute appointment can also feel a little rushed.
At Spa Private Medical we aim to provide up to date medical care with traditional doctoring values, but with an unrushed, patient-centred approach that is flexible to your needs. You’ll have time to explain and ask questions and for the doctor to listen, examine and advise.
To book an appointment, please send us a message or give us a call during our business hours.
31, New Barn Lane. Cheltenham, GL52 3LB, Telephone: 01242 50 60 00
Secretarial Hours: 8:30am - 6pm
01242 50 60 00